Patient Safety Plan for Appointments and Visitors at All Huggins Hospital Locations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Huggins Hospital has implemented a new Patient Safety Plan for appointments at the hospital and at all office practices during the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the plan is to provide both patients and staff with added measures of safety and social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus. These new steps are above and beyond are comprehensive safety plans that have always been in place at Huggins Hospital.
Scheduling an Appointment
- When you call for an appointment, you will be asked appropriate screening questions before an appointment can be scheduled.
- If you have no symptoms associated with COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses, an in-person appointment or telehealth appointment will be scheduled.
- If you have potential COVID-19 symptoms or exposure, you may be referred to our Temporary Outpatient Practice or our COVID-19 Hotline for more assistance.
- You may be scheduled for a COVID-19 Test at our Drive Up Testing site at Huggins Hospital if appropriate.
- Staff in the Drive Up and the Temporary Outpatient Practice will wear appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) while treating patients.
Arriving for Your Appointment
- We are scheduling strategically to limit the amount of people in any waiting area.
- We have increased our sanitizing processes between each patient visit, a process that was already extensive prior to COVID-19.
- Upon arriving at the hospital or an office practice, a screener will ask you about your potential symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, and take your temperature.
- Please bring a mask when visiting any Huggins Hospital location. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one to you upon arrival.
- Visitors are limited and will be required to complete the screening and wear a mask. Learn more in our update about visitation.
- All patients and visitors are asked to comply with appropriate social distancing.
- Bringing patients to an examination room will be expedited after checking in.
- Upon check-in, staff will see if a space is available for immediate rooming.
To schedule an appointment, please call 603.569.7669 (if you don't already have a primary care provider) or find your doctor's office number.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please call our COVID-19 Hotline at 603.569.7558.
Learn more about COVID-19 preparations, changes and testing on our COVID-19 Information Page.