Medical Records Request
Patients, or their legal representative, may inspect, obtain copies of, or have copies of their Huggins Hospital medical records sent to another medical facility. If you are not sure what information you need from your records, please contact our Health Information Management Department (603) 569-7541.
In order to request a copy of Your Medical Records:
Print and complete the Authorization to Release Health Information form.
In completing the authorization form:
- Indicate the dates of treatment for which you are requesting information. This is particularly important for individuals that have had multiple episodes of care at Huggins Hospital.
- Indicate the type of records needed.
- A fee for the costs of processing this request may be charged at the rate of $15 for up to the first 30 pages; $.50 cents per additional page thereafter. You may be invoiced by Huggins Hospital or Healthport, a trusted business associate utilized to assist with fulfilling records requests. If you have any questions about disclosure of your health information, please contact the Health Information Management Department at (603) 569-7541.
Submitting a Request
Once the authorization form has been completed, the request can be submitted by one of the three following methods:
1. Bring form in person to the Health Information Management (HIM) office. The staff at the Information Desk in the Lobby can give you directions. Hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 5 PM, except holidays.
2. Mail form to:
Attn: Correspondence Technician
Health Information Management Office
240 South Main Street
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
3. Fax form to: (603) 569-7542. Attn: Release of Information.
The fax machine is on 24 hours per day, seven days per week.