Financial Assistance Application Process
If payment of your health care expenses could create a financial hardship for you, our staff will work with you to apply for financial assistance. Information you provide is confidential and is only reviewed by staff processing your application.
There are many factors taken into consideration when determining eligibility. We also may be able to connect you with other resources for which you may qualify.
As part of the financial counseling application process, the hospital will assess your potential eligibility for health insurance coverage through federal or state programs such as New Hampshire Medicaid. If it is determined that you may be eligible for one of these programs, the hospital will assist you in the application process. You will be required to supply the financial or medical documentation that is necessary to secure such insurance coverage.
Criteria Categories for Financial Assistance for medically necessary care:
- Family income, in relation to federal poverty guidelines
- Assets (e.g. home, bank account, and stocks)
- Any additional financial hardship
Exclusions for Eligibility:
- Cosmetic procedures and infertility services are not eligible for financial assistance
- All other elective or non-emergent services are covered at the discretion of the health provider or the hospital
Financial Assistance Programs Available at Huggins Hospital
Huggins Hospital participates in several statewide programs:
More information pertaining to the financial assistance application process can be found here:
Those not eligible for state programs may consider Huggins Hospital’s Patient Financial Assistance Program. You may be eligible for our program if you meet the following guidelines:
- You do not qualify for government-sponsored insurance programs
- Your family income is less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level (up to $44,700 for a family of four for a 25% reduction)
- You think you may have trouble paying your bill.
Our Patient Financial Services Department will work with you to determine if you are eligible.
How to Apply?
If you think you might be eligible for our program, have questions about the eligibility requirements, or need help applying for one of the government sponsored insurance programs described above, please contact one of our financial services representatives at (603) 569-7684.
We understand that the need for patient financial assistance can be a sensitive and deeply personal issue. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of requests, information and funding for all who participate in our program.